Goat Cheese Slices with Jam
Slice goat cheese using dental floss to slide.
Place slices on a plate. Add jam of choice. This is good with any of the jams we make. Sprinkle red pepper flakes sparingly.
Serve with slices of toasted baguette.
Baked Brie and Jam
Pre-heat oven to 400°. Remove Brie from wrapper. Place on baking sheet. Heat for 2o minutes or until brie is warm. Remove from oven. Place on serving platter. Spoon Apricot Grand jam on top. Serve with crackers or baguette bread.
Stuffed Fresh Habaneros Peppers
Take fresh peppers. While using gloves, remove seeds from peppers. Stuff peppers with goat cheese and jam (we used Blackberry Cassis). Wrap a slice of bacon around the pepper, propping up the peppers so that the ingredients in the peppers don’t escape. Roast in a 400° oven for about 15 minutes or until bacon is cooked to desired level.
Lynette’s stuffed mushrooms
- Large Portobello mushrooms
- Allouette herb cheese or Rondele herb and garlic cheese
- Strawberry Celebration jam
- Spread cheese on the “fan” side of the mushroom.
- Bake in 350° oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown. Remove from oven
- Drizzle a teaspoon of Strawberry Celebration on top of the cheese.
May also use Porcini mushrooms (which are baby Portobello)
Turkey with Cherries Jubilee sauce
- Turkey cutlets
- 2 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- Blackened spices or chili pepper
- Lemon juice
- Place 1 tsp. olive oil on heavy pan.
- Sauté the cloves of garlic.
- Sprinkle the cutlets with spices. Add 1 tsp. lemon juice per cutlet.
- Brown cutlets in pan.
- Add water to just come up the sides of the tenders. Add 2 tablespoons Cherries Jubilee. When cutlets (3/4 inch thick) are cooked over medium heat for about 40 minutes, removed from pan and place on platter.
- Increase the heat allowing the juices to make a glaze. Place the newly made sauce over the cutlets.
This recipe can also be made with chicken tenders. Adjust cooking time.
Fish with Jam Sauce
Cook fish. Remove from pan and place on serving platter. Add 1 Tablespoon of jam (any of the jam works, but especially Pluot ‘n Port, Citrus Explosion, Apricot) per serving of fish. Cook down the sauce making it into a glaze. Add a little vodka or white wine. Once ingredients are well combined, put glaze on top of fish. Decorate with fresh cilantro.
Scallops a Top Steamed Mushrooms
Using a variety of mushrooms steam them in chicken broth. We used Asian mushrooms. When cooked as desired, add spinach leaves. Remove from cooking pot and place on serving dish. These will become the base for the scallops. We were going for a healthier non-carb version, but you could also use pasta of choice.
Place scallops in a pan with some Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a little butter. When hot, place scallops in skillet, being careful to not crowd the scallops. This will allow the scallops to cook a bit brown and crispy on the edges.
Once the scallops have been placed on atop the mushrooms, drizzle balsamic vinegar glaze on top. This gives it a finished look and add a nice component to the dish.
Grilled Chicken with Jam
Slice chicken lengthwise so that the breasts cook more quickly. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and a BBQ Rub Seasoning (we used Trader Joe’s BBQ Rub and Seasonings with Coffee and Garlic). Place on grill until cooked and move to platter.
Take and of our jams, mix with some BBQ sauce and place on top of the chicken. In our taste test, our samplers voted for the Citrus Explosion, Blackberry Cassis and Strawberry Celebration. See which one becomes your favorite!
Champagne Lemonade with Jam
Squeeze the juice of 4 lemons. Add 1/4 cup sugar. Add bottle of brut type champagne. Place ice in a glass. Add a sprig of basil and a tablespoon of any of the jams we sell. Add the champagne lemonade to glass and enjoy.